Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Love Fast Food

 
Control your portions sizes! Fat free ice-cream! Guilt Free Juice!
 
One of the things that I liked about living in Japan was the number of people who weren't ashamed to express their love for food. One of my classmates said that each weekend she would go out with her Uncle to eat different Ramen. She was a hobby Ramen eater. She proudly told me that she could eat the largest Ramen size. A teenager at my other highschool finished off more than fifteen plates of sushi and a vegan host family that I lived with would eat cake every second day. The big, piled up plates and cheerful mood would remind me a little of Dragonball Z (a cartoon in which the Super Sayan characters eat a LOT of food).
 
One of my Host Father's said that food has been a traditional form of entertainment in Japan before the introduction of TVs and computers. Some people will spend a couple of hours just to prepare a single meal. Yet, these generous servings of food didn't seem to cause massive weight problems. I think it's because even to get to work or to walk to school often requires a lot of exercise. You're constantly climbing up stairs.

 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment